Saturday, January 14, 2012

Our Little Neighbour Turns One!

Hi everyone.

Just jumped on here to quickly show you the card I just finished for our little neighbour who turns one today...



Love the little sk8er boy!!!

The colours I used today were Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, More Mustard and Real Red. The background was stamped with stamps from the Extreme Elements set, with Crumb Cake ink. The blue cardstock was torn using the Tearing Edge ruler. The image was stamped onto watercolour paper with Black StazOn ink and coloured with SU markers. The star was punched with the large star punch and the number 1 was cut with the alphabet dies. The sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes.

Well, off to do some more work on the girls' birthday party invitations and other party projects. Their birthday isn't until March but they involve a lot of colouring so I thought I'd get an early start.

Thanks for stopping by!

Andrea

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Hi Andrea,

Once again another lot of gorgeous cards. I was wondering if you could tell me what method you use to blend your colours? I was trying to blend with an aqua painter but found it didn't move any colour around at all.

Andrea said...

Hi Belinda!

Thanks for your comment!!!!

I use SU markers and use a blender pen to spread the colour out. I don't really blend my colours. I have never used an aqua painter before. It has taken a bit of trial and error, though. With the darker colours such as Basic Black and Chocolate Chip, I prefer to pick up colour from the lid of an ink pad with the blender pen, instead of using the markers as I find the markers just too dark and messy.
I have recently been using watercolour pencils too and I have found them an absolute breeze to spread and blend. A beautiful finish. If you haven't tried them, I strongly suggest them. I'm using some Faber Castell watercolour pencils that my niece gave to me after no longer having a need for them. Love them!
I am no expert by means. I just experiment and have fun in the process. Good luck & I'd love to know how you go.
Andrea