Monday, December 19, 2011

A Break From Christmas Cards

That's right. No Christmas cards in this post. Instead, two birthday cards. As much as I enjoyed making my Christmas cards and projects this year, this was a welcome break. Here they are...



This one was for one of Mia's school friends. I used Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Garden Green and Chocolate Chip cardstock. The image was coloured with SU markers. The leaves are from the Two-Step Bird Punch. The flowers were stamped with the Vintage Vogue stamp set in Bashful Blue and embellished with half pearls. The sentiment from happiest Birthday Wishes was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. The 'ribbon' was punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch from Chocolate Chip cardstock.

The following card was made for our niece, Victoria...



Without wanting to sound showy, I have to say that this is one of my favourite cards out of all the ones I have ever made, and boy, there have been a few! Maybe it's the colours. Unconventional for me. I wanted to go 'bright' for this card & I just picked some random colours. No real science to it but I love the result.

The colours I picked were Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant, Real Red and Whisper White. The sentiment in the centre was stamped with the a stamp from the retired Curly Label Punch Bundle.
The punches I used were the square punch, the Owl Punch, the small star punch, the Two Step Bird punch for the leaves, and the little flower punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.

The dies I used were the alphabet dies, Floral Fusion die and the Beautiful Wings die. I used adhesive crystals for embellishment.

I think I remembered everything, but if not, feel free to ask. Even leave a comment, if you like. I don't get many comments :( so the few I do get are very welcome and very appreciated. They put a smile on my face. :)

Well, that's all for today. Who knows, I may be back before Christmas, but if not, I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful, peaceful and very merry Christmas and a new year that is filled with love and good health.

Enjoy your celebrations but take care and stay safe.

Andrea

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I too love that 'bright' card you made your niece. You're right, no real science but it sure looks good!

Your first card is great too of course *smile*. Love the colouring.