Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sail Away.....

Happy Saturday to you all!

Today I have a card for you with my freshly inked Sail Away stamp that I just snapped up before the Winter Mini Catalogue retired. I just had to have it as it is a perfect image for masculine cards. They can be so hard for me sometimes. Maybe I just prefer to make cutesy, girlie cards.

Anyway, here is my card....



I took inspiration from this card by Connie Babbert that I stumbled across online.

The colours I used were Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Real Red and Basic Black. The boat was stamped in black pigment ink and embossed with clear powder. The sails were coloured with a Sahara Sand marker. The water was sponged with Bashful Blue ink. The coloured card panels were embossed with the Lattice Embossing Folder. I used silver brads to embellish and the sentiment is from the Just Believe stamp set and yes, there's that little flag. In my defence, it is appropriate in this instance. You know, the sea, the sea breeze, the flag in the wind... ha ha...

What do you think? You like? Let me know.

Well, I'll be back tomorrow with another card. That'll be three cards in three days! Woo hoo!

Until then, take care.

Andrea

No comments: