Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr Seuss

Good morning!

Well, here I am another year older, having celebrated my birthday yesterday. It was a sweet day celebrated quitely at home with all my beloved family.

I have a card to share with you today that I made for a little friend of ours who will be turning four in a few weeks...





I'm in love with this image and it comes with such an appropriate quote from a Dr Seuss book, "Oh, the places you'll go." The stamped image of the sentiment was a little big so I typed it out on the computer instead, printed it, punched it with a circle punch, and put it on the inside of the card.

I used some old scrapbooking paper from my stash, teamed with Soft Suede and Bashful Blue cardstock. The Bashful Blue backing piece was torn with the Tearing Edge ruler.

The image was stamped with black StazOn ink on watercolour paper and coloured with SU markers. I added some glitter to the furry colour but it's a little difficult to see in the photo.

The flowers were cut with my Floral Fusion die and a punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, and embellished with adhesive half-pearls. The leaves were cut with the Two Step Bird Punch. The sentiment on the front is from Vintage Labels and it was cut out with the Jewellery Tag Punch. The butterflies were cut and embossed in one step with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. The letter 'A' was cut with the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies.

The little charm from my stash was tied with linen thread.

I think that's it but if you'd like to know anything, please ask. Also, feel free to leave your comment. I love to hear from you.

I'll be back soon with another post of a Father's Day card for my Dad.

See you soon.

Andrea