Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August Class

Hello everyone.
We had a small but very fun and cosy class tonight, during which we discussed all sorts of topics such as cake decorating courses, towel racks, coffee machines, the fabulous new SU catalogue and....oh, yes...we made a couple of cards too! Ha ha!
Here they are...



This first cards are similar to the one I showed you in my previous post but in different colours. All the card packs I made for the class had a different feature colour in them. Participants were able to choose their sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments set. The masculine Just Rugby set is retiring at the end of tomorrow, so if you'd like to get your hands on it, or any other retiring set, please let me know ASAP!!!!

The background stamp is from the Extreme Elements stamp set. The stars were punched with star punches and pierced with a silver brad. The back coloured panel was embossed with the Lattice folder.

This was the second card....



It was inspired by a card that I found on this website by Cristena Bagne, featuring a technique that I don't know the name of! I'm sure that it isn't mentioned on her Blog either. Anyway, the technique results in a watercoloured look without the watercolouring. So cool and a hit at my class.
The background stamp is En Francais and the feature stamp and sentiment is from the Just Believe set.
The butterfly was cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.

Please let me know if you'd like to know anything about these cards.

Until next time but remember that you have only until 31st August to order any retiring items from the current catalogue, and remember that the new catalogue kicks off on 1st September! Woo hoo!!!!!

Andrea

No comments: