Sunday, May 17, 2009

Demonstration Cards

I'm back (earlier than I anticipated) with the two cards that I demo'd last night.

First up we have a fold-back card (not sure of the correct name for it) that I'm pretty sure was inspired by a card by my Upline, Di Barnes. Only problem is, now I can't locate the card on her Blog so I can link to it. Sorry, Di. Frome memory, I used the same or similar colours, but a different stamp set. Here is the card:



I used the Ocean Commotion and Short and Sweet stamp sets, with Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla cardstock, Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip ink.

Next up is the second card I demonstrated:



This time I used the Organic Outlines stamp set, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip ink and silver brads. So simple but very effective. you may notice that the main image didn't stamp as nicely as I would have liked. That is because I failed to 'condition' the stamp first by lightly sanding the rubber. Now it stamps a dream!

Lastly I'll show you the Make 'n' Take card that all the guests made using the lovely Fifth Avenue Floral and Short and Sweet stamp sets:


Still keeping with the colour theme of the night, I used Whisper White and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and Old Olive ink. We punched the sentiment using the small oval punch and mounted it onto a larger oval punch out.
Again, this card was very simple to make and the ladies loved their results!
I forgot to photograph the cute little hostess gift I made for Sandra, but she promised that she would email me a photo that she took of it. I'll post it once I receive it.
Thanks for stopping by again!

No comments: