Sunday, April 26, 2009

A productive night!

Good morning, everyone!

I managed to get quite a bit done last night as the girls slept over at their cousins' house, & my husband was occupied with 'the boys' who all came over for a Poker night. The girls very rarely sleep over anywhere (I think this is only Demi's second time sleeping away from home) so it feels quite strange. I miss them ever so much but it was qo nice to craft without any interruptions. I managed to get all my packs ready for my Mother's Day Class, and all my packs for my first official demo! What would normally take me a week to do, I managed to get done in one night! Yeah me!

I also got to use the For the Bride set for the first time...

I particularly love the bride image in this set as it is really versatile - you could use it for a wedding or bridal shower card, or for a teen's card, depending on the colour scheme. I hope to try a few different colour schemes soon.

For this version I used Whisper White, Basic Grey and Basic Black cardstock. I inked my stamp with Versamark ink, followed by the Basic Black ink & stamped the image onto Whisper White. Then I heat embossed the image using clear embossing powder and mt heat tool. I did the same thing with the sentiment. Using the Versamark ink prior to the coloured ink pad is a simple way of turning all your dye ink pads into pigment stamp pads that will hold the embossing powders for heat setting.

If you have any questions about this or anything else for that matter, feel free to contact me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: